About SeMI Technologies & Weaviate
SeMI Technologies is a global remote-first startup, with teams hailing from many different parts of the world, where it is not totally uncommon for someone to work remotely from fun places (like a camping site). While this gives you freedom and flexibility to work from anywhere and any time, we are looking for people who are comfortable working independently, who are proactive and take ownership, and people who communicate effectively.
Our flagship product is Weaviate a Vector Search engine & database, which uses machine learning to organize and search data in a completely new way.
At SeMI we believe that the next wave of software infrastructure is AI-first and that a strong open-source community is a basis for creating high-quality software.
About this role
As a Developer Advocate, you will wear many hats, from speaking at events, writing blog posts, designing tutorials, and creating engaging videos to fostering our community.
Being a great Developer Advocate is a two-way street. In one way, you will go out there to educate and raise awareness of Weaviate. But you will also listen and learn from the community to drive a positive change in the company.
What we are looking for
- You have 3+ years of experience as DevRel, a community manager, or a similar position.
- You would like to mentor others around DevRel-related activities.
- You are friendly and love to collaborate with others.
- You have hands-on experience with machine learning and/or databases.
- You have public speaking experience.
- You create engaging and educational content (blogs, videos, tutorials, etc).
- You are a great communicator.
- You like to travel and are eager to meet the community.
- You are based in the United States.
Your first 30/60/90 days
Your first three months in this role are very likely to look like this:
First 30 days – Meet and Learn
- Meet a lot of people.
- Get to know the company culture and the way we work at SeMI.
- Learn about Weaviate.
- Go through the getting started journey and compile a feedback report.
- Get the feeling of the Weaviate community.
31-60 days – Research and Help with Content
- Continue learning about Weaviate and our use cases.
- Help with creating content – this can be review of someone else’s work or direct contribution.
- Research what other’s do in our space.
- Gather ideas for your own content pieces and conference talk ideas.
- First contributions to our docs github repo.
61-90 days – Get Started
- Work – in collaboration with others – on your own pieces of content.
- Start applying to speak at events.
- Be active in the community Slack.
- Identify and define a DevRel initiative that you would be responsible for.
What we offer
- 100% remote with flexible work hours.
- Competitive compensation, including paid time off.
- Personal budget to spend on your preferences e.g. going to conferences, co-working space.
- You will work at the forefront of search, ML/AI, and cloud-native technologies - and all of it is open source.
- An atmosphere that encourages learning and personal growth, with very experienced and fun team members to learn from.
- Opportunities to speak at conferences, publish blog posts, videos, etc. (We are aware that this is not for everyone and is therefore optional).