About SeMI Technologies & Weaviate
SeMI Technologies is a global remote-first startup, with teams hailing from many different parts of the world, where it is not totally uncommon for someone to work remotely from fun places (like a camping site). While this gives you freedom and flexibility to work from anywhere and any time, we are looking for people who are comfortable working independently, who are proactive and take ownership, and people who communicate effectively.
Our flagship product is Weaviate a Vector Search engine & database, which uses machine learning to organize and search data in a completely new way.
At SeMI we believe that the next wave of software infrastructure is AI-first and that a strong open-source community is a basis for creating high-quality software.
About this role
As a Technical Curriculum Developer your role will be to define, create and maintain educational content for Weaviate, to shape the learning journeys for our community and customers.
The educational content will range from the getting started tutorial, through a series of how to tutorials to a fully blown end-to-end courses. This would be done in a format of documentation, blogs and videos.
This is a new role at SeMI Technologies, you will work closely with the head of DevRel to shape the curriculum strategy and create a playbook for creating learning materials at SeMI.
What we are looking for
- 3+ years of experience creating technical educational content (blogs, videos, tutorials, etc).
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Excellent written skills, including thorough knowledge of style, grammar, syntax, spelling, and punctuation in English.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Hands-on experience with machine learning or databases.
- Nice to have, prior teaching experience.
Your first 30/60/90 days
Your first three months in this role are very likely to look like this:
First 30 days – Meet and Learn
- Meet a lot of people.
- Get to know the company culture and the way we work at SeMI.
- Learn about Weaviate.
- Go through the getting started journey and compile a feedback report.
- Get the feeling of the Weaviate community.
31-60 days – Research and Make first contributions
- Continue learning about Weaviate and our use cases.
- Research what other’s do in our space.
- Make first improvements to the existing getting started tutorial.
- Collaborate with Engineering to deliver a “how to” tutorial.
- Draft an educational plan for Weaviate.
61-90 days – Get Started
- Work – in collaboration with others – on your own pieces of educational content.
- Define and start integrating the educational plan for Weaviate.
- Create a backlog and publishing plan for educational content.
- Participate in the Weaviate podcast to talk about the “how to” topic.
What we offer
- 100% remote with flexible work hours.
- Competitive compensation, including paid time off.
- Personal budget to spend on your preferences e.g. going to conferences, co-working space.
- You will work at the forefront of search, ML/AI, and cloud-native technologies - and all of it is open source.
- An atmosphere that encourages learning and personal growth, with very experienced and fun team members to learn from.
- Opportunities to speak at conferences, publish blog posts, videos, etc. (We are aware that this is not for everyone and is therefore optional).