About SeMI Technologies & Weaviate
SeMI Technologies is a global remote-first startup, with teams hailing from many different parts of the world, where it is not totally uncommon for someone to work remotely from fun places (like a camping site). While this gives you freedom and flexibility to work from anywhere and any time, we are looking for people who are comfortable working independently, who are proactive and take ownership, and people who communicate effectively.
Our flagship product is Weaviate a Vector Search engine & database, which uses machine learning to organize and search data in a completely new way.
At SeMI we believe that the next wave of software infrastructure is AI-first and that a strong open-source community is a basis for creating high-quality software.
About this role
As a Solution Engineer, you'll be directly working with customers of SeMI Technologies, helping them create successful applications using Weaviate. In this role, you are part of the Customer Success & Solution Engineering team. This team has several responsibilities. From guiding potential clients from PoC to production, managing day-to-day contact with our customers, setting up new environments in the cloud, coordinating technical requirements with the Weaviate core team, to keeping up with everything new in the search domain. The team is increasing in size to ensure it can meet our customer's demands and SLAs.
We are expanding our team to be able to support our US-based customers. You will be one of the first to cover the US market, which we expect to grow quickly as the amount of Weaviate users increases.
What we are looking for
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Solution Engineer or related (consulting) experience in the field of search and/or databases.
- Experience in programming e.g. Golang, Java, Python.
- Excellent understanding of container orchestration e.g. Kubernetes, Docker.
- Experience in setting up and managing deployments on major cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, Azure.
- You are comfortable taking responsibility and using your excellent comprehension skills to develop solutions to complex customer problems quickly.
- You enjoy working independently.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- You have an interest in everything related to Search, AI and ML.
- You are located in the US, preferable in the West Coast.
- Nice to have: Experience writing infrastructure as code (Terraform, CDK, etc.).
- Nice to have: Working experience with large-scale Search Engines (Solr, Elasticsearch, etc.).
What we offer
- 100% remote with flexible work hours.
- Competitive compensation, including paid time off.
- You will work at the forefront of search, ML/AI, and cloud-native technologies - and all of it is open source.
- An atmosphere that encourages learning and personal growth, with very experienced and fun team members to learn from.